Does scrolling through Pinterest leave you overwhelmed by everything you want to teach your kids about Easter? You don’t have to do it all in order to effectively teach the Gospel!
The Lent Picture Book and Activity Guide was made to take the stress out of planning effective, SIMPLE, times to share Gospel truths with your kids!
The Lent Picture Book and Activity Guide starts on Ash Wednesday and goes through Easter Sunday, doing the hard work of making a plan for EXACTLY how and what to teach your kids.
You get picture book lists AND extension activities created by a picky Evangelical mom covering:
- The Old Testament
- Jesus’ Birth
- Jesus’ Ministry
- Sin and Atonement
- The Resurrection
The best thing about the extension activities for each week is that they are FOCUSED on sharing truths, and SIMPLE. No weird art supplies to buy to use once, no big projects that you have to sneak into the trashcan when your kids are sleeping. Just EASY ways to keep your toddlers and preschoolers busy!
- Who is this guide meant for?
- It is meant for families with young kids, from baby through early elementary. However, there are chapter book recommendations to supplement the picture books if you also have older kids.
- How long will it take us to get through?
- That depends on how much you want to do every day! The guide is meant to cover Ash Wednesday, through Easter Sunday. There is a picture book recommended for every day, and three themed extension activities per week.
- Isn’t Lent sort of…Catholic?
- Traditionally, yes! But recently lots of Protestant followers of Jesus are using the season to focus on Jesus. It is the perfect time to teach your young kids about why Easter matters.
- So are the resources in this guide sort of…Catholic?
- Nope! It is written by a picky Evangelical mom.
- How do I know the picture books you recommend are actually good?
- You also get links to full reviews of ALL of the books listed in the guide!
- How much does it cost?
- Normally $20, but currently ON SALE FOR 50% OFF from now through Ash Wednesday! So buy now! (For 41 days worth of plans, that works out to only $0.24/day!!)
- **UPDATED FLASH SALE until Ash Wednesday, February 17 – the buttons on this page have been updated to give the ADDITIONAL 30% off friends and family discount that was sent to email list followers of Big Books, Little Ears! NOW only $7!!
Picture books are the perfect way to teach your children the important truths of Easter because they are easily understood. BUT THEY AREN’T ENOUGH!
Your kids need your guidance to understand how it all fits together. That’s why the Guide includes 1 or 2 sentence scripts of what to say every day leading up to Easter to show your kids why Jesus’ death and resurrection matter so much.
You’re the one who can do it, and the Lent Picture Book and Activity Guide can help!